Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- LA84 Digital Library Collection
- Index, with full-text access, to journals, books, late nineteenth and early twentieth century sports magazines, and official Olympic publications. Journals indexed include the College Football Historical Society Newsletter (1987-2009), Football Studies (1998-2006), the Journal of Olympic History (1992-2004), and the Journal of Sport History (1974-2010), as well as American Golfer (1908-1922), Baseball Magazine (1908-1920), and the Olympic Review (1901-2003).
- The Baseball Index (TBI)
- Index to over 243,000 documents, including books, articles, programs, pamphlets and other materials of interest to baseball fans and researchers. From the Bibliography Committee of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR).
- Winning is the Only Thing: Sports in America Since 1945
- Randy Roberts and James S. Olson. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1989.
Sports in the Cold War
- The Use of Sports to Promote the American Way of Life During the Cold War: Cultural Propaganda, 1945-1963
- Russ Crawford. Lewiston, Edwin Mellen Press, 2008.
- Soviet Sports Wars
- Directed by Greg Barker. PBS, 1999.
- Episode 2 of Red Files: Secrets of the Russian Archives Revealed. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Rome 1960: The Olympics That Changed the World
- David Maraniss. New York, Simon & Schuster, 2008.
- Race, Culture, and the Revolt of the Black Athlete: The 1968 Olympic Protests and Their Aftermath
- Douglas Hartmann. Chicago, University of Chicago Press, 2003.
- The Political Olympics: Moscow, Afghanistan, and the 1980 U.S. Boycott
- Derick L. Hulme. New York, Praeger, 1990.
- U.S. Participation in the 1980 Summer Olympic Games
- Hearings and Markup before the Committee on Foreign Affairs, House of Representatives, Ninety-sixth Congress, Second Session, January 23 and February 4, 1980. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies