Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
These databases provide access to articles that are useful for policy history and analysis/evaluation. Other databases may als be relevant, depending on your topic, e.g.,ERIC (Education Resources Information Center), Criminal Justice Abstracts, etc. For a more complete list, see this page
(a) Is the article scholarly?
Tips for Using Quicksearch to Find Scholarly Articles
- Use AND to combine your concepts, e.g., child abuse AND alcohol (AND must be in caps)
- Use OR to combine synonyms, related terms, e.g., domestic violence OR family violence (OR must be in caps)
- Parentheses allow complex queries to be layered, e.g., child abuse AND (alcohol OR substance abuse)
- Use the * (asterik) to search for the root word and any ending, e.g., parent* will retrieve parent, parents, parenthood, parenting.
- To search for an exact phrase, place the phrase in quotation marks, e.g., "attachment theory"
- On the results list page, on the left-hand side, choose under LIMIT TO "peer-reviewed journals" and under RESOURCE TYPE choose " Articles".
- See also Refining Results
- Use Advanced Search to limit your search to specific fields, like title, author, or subject (select Articles from Resource type on the right).