Skip to main content
Tips for Using the Library Catalog
- Use AND to combine your concepts, e.g., behavior therapy and anxiety; child abuse and alcohol
- Use OR to combine synonyms, related terms, e.g., domestic violence or family violence
- Use the $ (dollar sign) to search for the root word and any ending, e.g., parent$ will retrieve parent, parents, parenthood, parenting.
- Look at the subject headings on the full record for an item-these can help you generate new keywords, concepts, etc.
- Try using the Advanced Search to combine keywords and subject headings, author and title, etc.
Using the Library Catalog to find E-Books