There are several ways to seek help from a librarian:
When attempting to access Rutgers-restricted sources off-campus, you will be prompted to LOGIN with your NetID and password.
Please see the boxes below for several databases in which you may search for literary criticism, as well as for topics related to English literature.
Literature Resource Center (LRC) is a full-text database covering more than 124,000 authors. In addition to critical analysis of authors and their works, biographies and bibliographies are also included.
1) Consider searching by "Name of Work":
· Repent, Harlequin
· Biotech Century
· There Will Come Soft Rains
2) Consider searching by "Person - By or About":
· Ellison, Harlan
· Rifkin, Jeremy
· Bradbury, Ray
3) Note that you can also combine different terms using the Advanced Search option, such as:
· Repent, Harlequin (Name of Work) AND Ellison, Harlan (Person-By or About)
· Biotech Century (Name of Work) AND Rifkin, Jeremey (Person-By or About)
· There Will Come Soft Rains (Name of Work) AND Bradbury, Ray (Person-By or About)
MLA International Bibliography includes 2 million citations drawn from 4,400 journals and series and 1,000 book publishers. It covers criticism and scholarship on literature from around the world.
Depending on your topic, you may find searching by the following to be very helpful:
· Ellison AND "Repent, Harlequin"
· "There Will Come Soft Rains"
This guide is copyright-protected, but you are welcome to reuse it as per the license below (click for more details):
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to direct suggestions, comments, or complaints concerning any accessibility issues with Rutgers web sites to: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Report Accessibility Barrier / Provide Feedback Form.