Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
Looking for articles that focus on American history?
- America: History and Life 1964- .
- The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Looking for articles that focus on art or architecture?
- Art Full Text
- 1984- . The basic index to art periodicals worldwide. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- 1934- . The comprehensive index to journal articles published worldwide on architecture and design, city planning, landscape architecture, and historic preservation. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Looking for articles that focus on literature?
- Literature Online (LION)
- In addition to the full text of over 350,000 English-language literary works, you can select "Criticism and Reference" to search over 300 full-text literature journals as well as citations from the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- MLA International Bibliography 1926-
- The premier index to articles, books, and dissertations on literature, language, linguistics, folklore, and film. Rutgers-restricted Access
Looking for articles that focus on music?
- Music Index Online
- 1973- . Indexes over 850 music periodicals. Rutgers-restricted Access
Looking for articles that focus on politics or public policy?
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- 1975- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. Rutgers-restricted Access
Looking for articles with a sociological focus?
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Sociological Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies