Skip to main content
Encyclopedia of American Urban History
- Encyclopedia of American Urban HistorySigned entries on topics and individuals connected to American urban history, ranging from The City in Literature, Country Clubs, Industrial Suburbs, Jazz, Lesbian Culture in Cities, and Nickelodeones, to Urban Humor. Thousand Oaks, Sage Publications, 2007. 2 volumes.
- Encyclopedia of Urban America: The Cities and Suburbs. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio, 1998. 2 vols.
- Signed entries with brief bibliographies relating to "specific urban phenomena, people, places, and events." Primarily topical essays; some entries for individual cities. Available?
- Urban America: A Historical Bibliography. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio, 1983.
- Classified bibliography with abstracts of articles concerned with the development of, and life in, American cities through the 1970s. Available?
- Encyclopedia of Urban Studies
- Ray Hutchison, editor. Thousand Oaks, Calif., Sate Publications, 2010. 2 vol.
- Some 325 entries on issues (crime, housing, gentrification, homelessness, homeownership, etc.), themes, theories, individuals, and cities. Interdisciplinary and international in scope. Entries include useful brief bibliographies. Rutgers-restricted Access
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
- Tom and Sara Pendergast, editors. Detroit, MI, St. James Press, 2000. 5 vols.
- 2700 signed entries with bibliographies on all aspects of 20th century U.S. popular culture. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of Hip Hop Literature
- Tarshia L. Stanley, editor. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 2009. Available?
- Encyclopedia of Film Noir
- Geoff Mayer and Brian Mcdonnell. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 2007. Available? Table of Contents
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies