Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need to know who did what?
- Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text
- A major source for more recent film reviews; also includes Variety film reviews from 1914 to the present. Primary coverage 1990 to the present; selective coverage earlier. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature Retrospective. 1900- .
- Index to the major general interest and popular periodicals from the late 19th century to 1982. An excellent source for finding film reviews. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Film Review Index. 2 vols
- Patricia King Hanson & Stephen L. Hanson, editors. Phoenix, Ariz., Oryx Press, 1986-
- One of the best sources for finding early film reviews, the Film Review Index cites reviews to over 7000 feature films released between 1914 and 1985. Vol. 1: 1882-1949; Vol. 2: 1950-1985. In addition to popular magazines, the index also lists reviews in trade publications, newspapers, anthologies, and selected books.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. PN1995 .F513 1986
- Once you have the list of sources in which a specific film was reviewed, you will need to go to the Library Catalog, to find out if that source is available at Rutgers. Do a "Browse" search on a Journal Title when searching with the journal name or a "Browse" search on the Title when searching for a book.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies