Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical Sites
Maps and Atlases
- Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World.
- Richard J.A. Talbert, editor. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 2000.
- 99 full-color maps spanning archaic Greece to the Late Roman Empire. Geographically Barrington's covers the entire world of the Greeks and Romans, from the British Isles to the Indian subcontinent and into North Africa. There is Map-by-Map Directory available online and in print at Dana Ref. G1033.B3 2000. Available?
- Atlas of the Greek and Roman World in Antiquity.
- Nicholas G.L. Hammond, editor-in-chief. Park Ridge, N.J., Noyes Press, 1981.
- Maps 1a to 11b relate to Greek Prehistory and Greek History. Available?
- Atlas of the Greek World.
- Peter Levi. New York, Facts on File, 1980. Available?
- Index of Maps of Ancient Greek World
- Nine maps Ancient Greece provided as background to the study of Plato and his dialogues. From Bernard Suzanne's Plato and his dialogues site.
The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection at the University of Texas at Austin, includes the following digitized maps from the 1923 edition of William R. Shepherd's Historical Atlas:
Beginning of HIstoric Greece, 700 B.C.-600 B.C.
Greek and Phoenician Settlements in the Mediterranean Basin, about 550 B.C.
The Athenian Empire at its Height (about 450 B.C.)
Greece at the Beginning of the Peloponnesian War (431 B.C.)
Greece Under Theban Headship (362 B.C.)
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies