Skip to main content
Digital image library of approximately 700,000 art and architecture images. Rutgers-restricted Access
Find Other Published Primary Sources
Greek Source Materials in Translation
- Perseus Collection: Greek and Roman Materials
- Hundreds of searchable works by classical Greek and Roman authors, both in the original language and in translation, as well as thousands of images of architecture, sculpture, coins, vases, and sites, maps, and a number of important secondary sources including the Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical Sites, and the Liddell-Scott Greek-English Lexicon.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook: Greece
- A collection of links to public domain translated primary sources related to the ancient Greece. Part of Paul Halsall's outstanding "Internet History Sourcebooks Project."
- Ancient Greece: Social and Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Socrates.
- Matthew Dillon and Lynda Garland. 2d edition. New York, 2000.
- Intended for the use of undergraduate students in Greek history, the translated documents were "chosen to reflect contemporary views of the main issues of political and social history within that period." Available?
- Aristocracy and Athletics in Archaic and Classical Greece.
- Nigel James Nicholson. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2005. Available?
- Homosexuality in Greece and Rome: A Sourcebook of Basic Documents.
- Thomas K. Hubbard. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 2003. Available?
- Women's LIfe in Greece & Rome: A Source Book in Translation
- Mary R. Lefkowitz and Maureen B. Fant. 2nd edition. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1992. Available?
- Greek and Roman Slavery.
- Thomas Wiedemann. London, Croom Helm, 1988, c1981. Available?
- Social Values in Classical Athens.
- N.R.E. Fisher. London, Dent, 1976. Available?
- Trade, Transport, and Society in the Ancient World: A Sourcebook
- Fik Meijer and Onno van Nijf. . New York, 1992.
- Translated excerpts from Greek and Roman literary works, inscriptions, and papyri concerning trade and transport. Arranged thematically with each section preceeded by an introduction. Available?
Greek Source Materials in Greek
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae [TLG]
- Digital library of virtually all surviving Greek texts from the period between Homer (8th century B.C.) and the fall of Byzantium in A.D. 1453. Rutgers-restricted Access.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies