Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topics. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
- L'Annee philologique
- The primary database for classical studies. Indexes over 1500 journals, as well as articles in books, dissertations, and conference papers relating to the history, literature, philosophy, science and technology, etc., of Ancient Greece and Rome. 1924- Rutgers-restricted Access.
- TOCS-IN: Index to Table of Contents of Interest to Classicists
- Searchable index to the tables of contents of over 200 journals (75,000 articles) of interest to classicists (including the Near East). Most indexed back to 1992; indexing to prior years being added on a journal by journal basis.
- Gnomon Online: The Eichstatt Information System for Classical Studies
- Searchable bibliographic database of articles in classical journals and series, as well as selected dissertations and books. Includes all entries from 1997 onward.
- The primary database for economic literature. Indexes over 750 economic journals, as well as book chapters, research papers, books, dissertations, and working papers. 1969- Rutgers-restricted Access
- Sociological Abstracts
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access
- JSTOR provides electronic access to back runs, many back to the 19th century or earlier, of hundreds of important scholarly journals in a variety of disciplines. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals; generally the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 3-5 years after the publishing date. Rutgers current access is to ten of the twelve JSTOR Arts and Sciences collections. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies