Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started: Research Resources
Tips for Using Quicksearch to Find Books
- Use AND to combine your concepts, e.g., child abuse AND alcohol (AND must be in caps)
- Use OR to combine synonyms, related terms, e.g., domestic violence OR family violence (OR must be in caps)
- Use the * (asterik) to search for the root word and any ending, e.g., parent* will retrieve parent, parents, parenthood, parenting.
- To search for an exact phrase, place the phrase in quotation marks, e.g., "attachment theory"
- On the results list page, choose the "Resource Type" facet on the left-hand side and choose "Books".
- To specifically find E-books, on the results list page on the left, under "Limit to" select "Available Online", and under "Resource Type" choose "Books"
- See also Refining Results
- Use Advanced Search to limit your search to specific fields, like title, author, or subject (select Books from Resource type on the right).