Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Literature Resource Center
Excellent, full-text introductions to authors and their works, designed for an undergraduate audience.
Academic Search Premier
Contains some literature among its many subject areas. Searches exact phrases. Will output references in MLA format.
Literature Online (LION)
Provides more than 350,000 full-text literary works as well as author biographies, entries from reference works, and literary criticism.
MLA International Bibliography
One of the oldest lit crit databases, this offering from the Modern Language Association indexes criticism on the literature of all genres, all languages, and all countries, beginning in 1926. The EbscoHost format makes bibliography output in MLA format a breeze.
Ways to Find Full Text Articles
1. The article is linked to full text in your database. ("The 1-click solution.")
2. Click on to search for the article in Rutgers resources automatically. (If Get It @ R sends you directly to the article, it is "the 2-click solution." If you end up at an intermediate screen, click on one of the options, such as SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG BY PERIODICAL TITLE or REQUEST THIS ARTICLE VIA INTERLIBRARY LOAN.)
3. Try the JOURNAL TITLE in the QuickSearch box at http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu.
4. Use the Rutgers version of Google Scholar, which has links to full text owned by Rutgers.
6. Can't find the article anywhere at Rutgers? Go to ILLIAD and use the ARTICLE REQUEST form to obtain the article via interlibrary loan.
Academic Search Premier
Multidisciplinary database ideal for undergraduate students. Searches exact phrases. Will output references in MLA format. Try a search like this:
food or hunger
Google Scholar (Rutgers restricted version)
Indexes many items not commonly found in one place elsewhere. Lists PDF or indicates Full Text@Rutgers if readily available. Does not prepare bibliographic output; you must use a citation manager (RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, or the like) or other method to capture bibliographic information.
Full-text backfiles of important academic journals in many fields. WARNING: Most materials in this database are more than five years old. JSTOR assumes you are using a citation manager such as RefWorks or Zotero and provides actual citations in Chicago style only. Try this one in the BETA SEARCH:
(globalization or globalisation) and (food or hunger)
Recent full-text articles, primarily in the humanities and social sciences.
ATLA Religion Index
Database in religion and theology. Good for religious aspects of topics.
Covers material in philosophy, including ethics and morality. Good source for moral and ethical aspects of topics.