Skip to main content
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Social Services Abstracts and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Social Services Abstracts
- Index to research relating to social work, human services, and relating areas. Social Services Abstracts indexes over 1300 journals as well as dissertations.Rutgers-restricted Access
- PsycINFO (Including PsycARTICLES) 1840-
- Comprehensive index to the the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, and education. Covers some 2000 journals, as well as book chapters and dissertations. Includes full-text articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association (APA), the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe & Huber. Rutgers-restricted Access
- PILOTS Database
- Index to over 30,000 citations, most with abstracts, to worldwide literature on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental-health consequences of exposure to traumatic events. Produced by the National Center for PTSD.
- Sociologial Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts
- Comprehensive index to journals, books, government publications, dissertations, and reports relating to criminal justice, criminology, and related disciplines from 1968 to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
Can't resist the urge to Google?
- Google Scholar
- Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature including books, peer-reviewed articles, theses, preprints, and technical reports.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies