Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Encyclopedia of Women and Gender : Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender
- San Diego, Calif.:Academic, c2001. 2 vols.
- About 100 articles, each contributed by an expert in the social or behavioral sciences, on "the many topics that encompass current research and scholarship on the psychology of women and gender." Each article contains a glossary, cross-references, and a "Suggested Reading" section.Sample Article
- LGBT: Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender History in America
- New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2004. 3 vols.
- More than 500 scholarly entries on LGBT identities, communities, cultures, movements, and issues. Rutgers-restricted Access
Gender & Sexuality
- Women's Studies International
- 1972- Women's Studies International is the most comprehensive index to women's studies resources. Incorporates citations from Women Studies Abstracts, Women's Studies Bibliography Database, and the Women's Studies Database, among others. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Contemporary Women's Issues
- Full-text access to global information on women found in journals, research reports, newspapers, pamphlets, and fact sheets. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Violence Against Women - Federal Legislation and Regulations
- From the Justice Department's Office on Violence Against Women.
- "What is a Homosexual? A Definitional Model
- Raymond M. Berger. Social Work 28(2), March/April 1983, pp. 132-135.
- Off-Campus Access Rutgers-restricted Access
- "The Gap Between Gay and Straight"
- Barbara Ehrenreich. Time May 10, 1993.
- Queer America: A GLBT History of the the 20th Century
- Vicki L. Eaklor. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 2008.
- How Homophobia Hurts Children: Nurturing Diversity at Home, at School, and in the Community
- Jean M. Baker. New York, Harrington Park Press, 2002.
Subjects: American Studies
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies