There are several ways to seek help from a librarian:
When attempting to access Rutgers-restricted sources off-campus, you will be prompted to LOGIN with your NetID and password.
The Rutgers University Libraries Toolbar is a free Firefox extension (or add-on) that:
For more information, click on the link below:
To search for articles on your topic, start with one of the Rutgers University Libraries subscription databases. Depending on your topic, there may be a number of helpful online resources. This guide identifies a few suggested ones (out of the hundreds of possible online resources available) from which you might be able to find relevant articles. Please see the sub-page of this section for more information about how to locate the full-text of articles.
Academic Search Premier is a multi-disciplinary database with full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
1) Depending on your topic, you may find searching by the following "SU Subject Term" to be very helpful:
· feminist literary criticism (SU Subject Terms)
2) Consider combining different terms using the Advanced Search option, such as:
· psychology (SU Subject Terms) AND political persecution (SU Subject Terms)
· Nigeria (SU Subject Terms) AND "freedom of the press" (SU Subject Terms)
· psychology (SU Subject Terms) AND poverty (SU Subject Terms)
· Nigeria (SU Subject Terms) AND ["substance abuse" or "drug abuse" or alcoholism] (SU Subject Terms)
If your topic is related to the social sciences, such as psychology, sociology, or political sciences, consider looking for information within these databases:
This guide is copyright-protected, but you are welcome to reuse it as per the license below (click for more details):
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to direct suggestions, comments, or complaints concerning any accessibility issues with Rutgers web sites to: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Report Accessibility Barrier / Provide Feedback Form.