- Applied Ethics Resources on the World Wide Web
- Links to applied ethics resources, including resources for business ethics, health care ethics, environmental ethics, professional ethics, media ethics, public sector & government ethics, and international ethics. For most categories includes sections on "Ethics Institutes & Organizations," "Topics & Issues," and "Publications." A project of the W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics at the University of British Columbia.
Bioethics and New Technologies
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics
- Stephen G. Post, editor. 3rd edition. New York, Thomson/Gale, 2004. 5 vols. Available? Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Concise Encyclopedia of the Ethics of New Technologies.
- Edited by Ruth Chadwick. San Diego, Academic Press, 2000. Available?
- Ethics Updates: Bioethics, Cloning, & Reproductive Technologies
- Extensive list of resources from Lawrence Hinman at the University of San Diego.
- Ethics of Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research
- "Summary Notes for Members of the California State Legislature."
- Bostrom, Nick. Ethical Issues in Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- "This paper surveys some of the unique ethical issues in creating superintelligence..."
- Artificial Intelligence: Ethics & Social Issues
- Annotated list with links to articles, reports, broadcasts, and news items. From the American Association for Artificial Intelligence.
- Principles for Responsible Business
- From the Caux Round Table. "The CRT Principles for Business are a worldwide vision for ethical and responsible corporate behavior and serve as a foundation for action for business leaders worldwide."
- Complete Guide to Ethics Management: An Ethics Toolkit for Managers
- Carter McNamara. A practical guide for managers.
- Ethics & Policy Integration Centre Research and Education: Guide to Responsible Business Conduct
- Includes news, articles, and resource links.
- Whistleblowing: International Bibliography. 1995
- William De Maria. Extensive unannotated bibliography.
- U.S. Office of Government Ethics
- Includes section on Law and Regulations.
- Historical Summary of Conduct Cases in the House of Representatives
- Summary table of cases from Rep. Matthew Lyon in 1798 ("disorderly behavior," spat on Rep. Roger Griswold) to Tom Delay in 2004.
- Government Ethics
- Online resources (overview, issues, articles on government ethics and on social policy, cases, decision making resources, and ethics sites) from the Makkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University.
- CRT Principles for Government
- From the Caux Round Table.
- "Affirmative Action: Twenty-Five Years of Controversy,"
- Claire Andre, Manuel Velasquez, and Tim Mazur. Issues in Ethics 5(2), Summer 1992.
- "In Focus: The Immigration Debate,"
- David Stoll. U.S. Foreign Policy in Focus 2(31), 1997.
- "Immigration: Is Exclusion Just?,"
- Manuel Velasquez. Issues in Ethics 7(2), Spring 1996.
- "Immigration and Ethics,"
- Martin Cook. Issues in Ethics 7(2), Spring 1996.
- Ethics Updates: Punishment and the Death Penalty
- Collection of resources including a Bibliographic Survey on Punishment and the Death Penalty from Lawrence M. Hinman at the University of San Diego.
- Death Penalty Information Center
- News, issues, resources, and reports
Global Politics and Policies
- Ethics in Climate Change
- Resources from the Rock Ethics Institute at Penn State.
- The Science and Ethics of Global Warming
- Daniel Kirk-Davidoff, University of Maryland.
- Philosophers on War, Terrorism and Peace
- Resources from Lawrence M. Hinman at the University of San Diego.
- "Ethics of Armed Humanitarian Intervention,"
- C.A.J. Coady. Peaceworks 45 (July 2002).
- "Humanitarian Intervention and Just War,"
- Mona Fixdal and Dan Smith. Mershon International Studies Review (1998) 42, 283-312.
- Peacekeeping and the Just War Tradition
- Tony Pfaff. U.S. Army War College, Strategic Studies Institute, September 2000.