Skip to main content
- Without Housing: Decades of Federal Housing Cutbacks, Massive Homelessness, and Policy Failures.
- Western Regional Advocacy Project (WRAP). San Francisco, Calif., WRAP, 2006.
- A Dream Denied: The Criminalization of Homelessness in U.S. Cities. 2006
- A report by the National Coalition for the Homeless and the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty.
- Metropolitan Neighborhoods with Sheltered Homeless Populations: Evidence from the 1990 and 2000 Censuses
- Barrett Lee and Chad Farrell. Brookings Institution Living Cities Census Series, October 2001.
- "An analysis of metropolitan neighborhoods with emergency and transitional shelters, using special decennial census data from 1990 and 2000."
- Blueprint for Change: Ending Chronic Homelessness for Persons with Serious Mental Illnesses and/or Co-occuring Substance Use Disorders.
- Rockville, MD., Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Mental Health Services, 2003.
- "Predictors of Homelessness Among Families in New York City: From Shelter Request to Housing Stability,"
- Marybeth Shinn et.al. American Journal of Public Health 88(11), November 1998, 1651-1657.
- Five-year study of a cohort of families receiving public assistance in New York City found that receipt of subsidized housing was the primary predictor of housing stability among formerly homeless families. Concluded that housing subsidies are critical to ending homelessness among families.
- Off-Campus Access Rutgers-restricted Access.
- What New Jersey Needs to Know About Family Homelessness. July 2002
- Fact Sheet from the Institute for Children and Poverty.
- Homeless Families Today: Our Challenge Tomorrow: A Regional Perspective
- Report based on data collected in 1997 from 743 homeless heads-of-household residing in family shelters located throughout New York City and northern New Jersey.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies