Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using the Library Catalog to find E-Books
Finding and Getting Books
- Books from the circulating collections are loaned to faculty until the end of the semester. You may renew circulating materials from the Rutgers University Libraries’ collections at the end of the term, unless they are recalled for another borrower. Click the MY ACCOUNT link in the Library Catalog to review/renew items you have borrowed. Items may be recalled for another patron at any time. No one is guaranteed more than 14 days to use an item.
- You may return materials to any Rutgers University Library. You do not need to return items to the same library from which you borrowed them.
- If you need books physically located in another RU library, you can request they be sent to the library of your choice. All requests are done online through the Library Catalog – on the full ecord for the title. use the Book Delivery link.
- If you need books either not owned, checked out, or otherwise not available in the Rutgers University Libraries, the fastest way to get them is through E-Z Borrow. Books requested from E-Z Borrow usually arrive in about one week. You will receive a notice in your email when your book(s) are available. Books are loaned for 42 days, and may be renewed once for the same period. You will need your NetID to request books.
- If you need items that are not owned or not available through E-Z Borrow or the RU Libraries, you can request delivery through InterLibrary Loan.
- If the book you need is listed as On-Order, select the Special Request link on the full record for the title to initiate priority processing and delivery. If the title is listed as Pending or In-Process, select the Book Delivery link to initiate priority processing.