Skip to main content
Using PsycINFO to Identify Instruments
Connect to PsycINFO. From the list of search options, select "Multifield Search."
Enter a term for the variable for which you need an instrument (for example, "spirituality") and then select "Tests & Measures" from the pull-down menu on the right.
Tests and Measures
- The Mental Measurements Yearbook
- Factual information, critical reviews, and bibliographic references on the construction, use, and validity of published standardized tests. Available?
- Test Reviews Online
- Index to reviews in the Mental Measurements Yearbooks series.
- Tests in Print
- Descriptions of standard testing instruments, including purpose, target population, and scoring. Serves as a comprehensive index to reviews in the Mental Measurements Yearbook series. Available?
- TestLink: Test Collection Database
- Search the largest collection (25,000+) of standarized tests and research instruments in the world. From the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- Directory of Unpublished Experimental Mental Measures
- Bert A. Goldman. Washington, DC, American Psychological Association. 9 vols.
- Describes non-commercially available test instruments. Available?
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI)
- Information on unpublished measurement tools discussed in journal literature. "In addition to medical measurement instruments, HaPI presents information about tests used in medically related disciplines including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech and hearing therapy." Rutgers-restricted Access
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies