- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Social Services Abstracts
- Index to research relating to social work, human services, and relating areas. Social Services Abstracts indexes over 1300 journals as well as dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access
- PsycINFO (Including PsycARTICLES) 1840-
- Comprehensive index to the the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, and education. Covers some 2000 journals, as well as book chapters and dissertations. Includes full-text articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association (APA), the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe & Huber. Rutgers-restricted Access
- PILOTS Database
- Index to over 30,000 citations, most with abstracts, to worldwide literature on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental-health consequences of exposure to traumatic events. Produced by the National Center for PTSD.
- Sociologial Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts
- Comprehensive index to journals, books, government publications, dissertations, and reports relating to criminal justice, criminology, and related disciplines from 1968 to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
And if you're looking for articles relating to the history of social welfare services and policies, you'll want to use America: History and Life, the premier index to American history:
- America: History and Life
- 1964- .The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access
Can't resist the urge to Google?
Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature including books, peer-reviewed articles, theses, preprints, and technical reports.