Skip to main content
- Search or browse over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955.
Covers five main subject areas: Radio, Television, Transportation, Beauty and Hygiene, and World War II. A project of the Digital Scriptorium,
Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library, Duke University.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
- Over 9,000 images relating to the early history of advertising in
the U.S. From collections in the John W. Hartman Center for Sales,
Marketing History at Duke University. Site also includes an advertising
- Digital Schomburg: Images of African Americans from the 19th Century
- Search or browse a rich collection of images taken from the
collections of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture at the
New York Public Library.
- The Library of Virginia: Portsmouth Photos
- Includes the Lee F. Rodgers collection of approximately 1,500 photographs primarily of African American subjects.
- War Relocation Authority Photographs of Japanese-American Evacuation and Resettlement, 1942-1945.
- Almost 7000 photographs from the agency created to assume
jurisdiction over the Japanese and Japanese Americans evacuated from
California, Oregon, and Washington. Part of the Online Archive of
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies