Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Immigration to the United States, 1789-1930
- Online collection of approximately 1,800 books and pamphlets as well
as 9,000 photographs, 200 maps and 13,000 pages from Harvard manuscript
and archival collections. Emphasis on 19th century materials. An
- Harvard Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Groups
- Edited by Stephan Thernstrom. Cambridge, Mass., Belnap Press, 1980.
"A guide to the history, culture, and distinctive characteristics of the
more than 100 ethnic groups who live in the United States."
- Dana Call Number: REF E184 .A1H35
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration
- James Ciment, Immanuel Ness, editors. Armonk, N.Y., M.E. Sharpe, 2000. 4 vols.
Immigration history; immigration issues (causes, demographics,
acculturation, laws and legislation, politics, economics, etc.); and
immigration documents (laws, treaties, court cases, reports,
etc.).Volumes 3 and 4
contain articles on specific immigrant groups in America.
- Dana Ref JV6465 .E53 2000
- New Americans: A Guide to Immigration Since 1965
- Edited by Mary C. Waters and Reed Ueda. Cambridge, Mass., Harvard Universtiy Press, 2007.
Account of changes in American demographics since the major changes in
immigation law after 1965, including the new waves of immigratns from
non-European countries. Chapters on immigration law and policy,
refugees, unauthorized migrants, racial and ethnic identity,
assimilation, nationalization, economy, politics, religion, education,
family relations, and immigration from specific countries and areas.
- Dana Ref JV6455 .N49 2007
Subjects: American Studies
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies