Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Putting it in Context: The Ethnic Experience
- "Immigration: Shaping and Reshaping America". [Revised and updated 2nd edition]
- Philip Martin and Elizabeth Midgley. Population Bulletin 61(4), December, 2006. [Entire Issue].
- Immigration in America: 2010
- Philip Martin and Elizabeth Midgley. Population Bulletin Update June 2010.
- Update to the 2006 report with new data and analysis on the economic impacts and policy debates around immigration.
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration.
- Carl L. Bankston III. Pasadena, CA., Salem Press, 2010. 3 volumes.
- 553 alphabetically arranged entries on a wide array of topics relating to immigration in the U.S. Includes entries on 65 individual ethnic and immigrant groups, as well as entries on the immigration history of each state in the U.S. Each entry is followed by a selective annotated bibliography.
- We the People: An Atlas of America's Ethnic Diversity.
- By James Paul Allen and Eugene James Turner. New York, Macmillan, 1988.
- Data based on the 1980 Census, this atlas maps the geographical patterns of 67 ethnic and racial groups in the US Available?
- Harvard Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Groups.
- Edited by Stephan Thernstrom. Cambridge, Mass., Belnap Press, 1980.
- "A guide to the history, culture, and distinctive characteristics of the
more than 100 ethnic groups who live in the United States." Available?
- Immigration and Ethnicity in New Jersey History.
- Douglas V. Shaw. Trenton, N.J., New Jersey Historical Commission, Dept. of State, c1994. Available?
- The People of New Jersey.
- Rudoph J. Vecoli. Princeton, N.J., Van Nostrand, 1965.
- Seminal general study of the ethnic groups that migrated to New Jersey from colonial times to the 1960s. Available?
- The New Jersey Ethnic Experience.
- Edited by Barbara Cunningham. Union City, N.J. : W. H. Wise, 1977.
- Essays on 31 ethnic groups in New Jersey. Available?
- New Jersey Ethnic History : A Bibliography.
- David Steven Cohen. Trenton, NJ : New Jersey Historical Commission, Dept. of State, 1986. Available?
- "Class, Culture, and Ethnicity in Nineteenth-Century Newark,"
- Charles Stephenson. IN New Jersey's Ethnic Heritage: Papers Presented at the Eight Annual New Jersey History Symposium, December 4, 1976. Edited by Paul A. Stellhorn. Trenton, New Jersey Historical Commission, 1978, pp.94-132. Available?
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies