Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- School District Demographic SystemSearch Snapshot for Common Core of Data: Highest and lowest grades offered; number of schools; total classroom teachers; total students; English language learners; IEP students; and total diploma recipients. Data available from 2005 onward.
Search Profiles and Comparisions for multiyear (2000 to most recent American Community Survey) school district demographic characteristics.
- Governance and Urban School Improvement: Lessons for New Jersey from Nine CitiesRuth Moscovitch, et al. Institute on Education Law and Policy, Rutgers - Newark. 2010? The Institute "studied innovative models of public school governance in nine cities: Baltimore, Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Hartford, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C...By way of comparison to the nine cities in this report, we review the governance structure in New Jersey particularly as it applies to Jersey City, Paterson and Newark.."
Newark Academic Plan
- Reopening Plan 2020-2021
- The Reopening Plan contains important information about Newark Schools for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Newark Public Schools
Newark Public Schools Strategic Plan, Great Expectations: 2009-2013
- New Jersey School Performance Reports
- Annual report for each school in the district; looks to "benchmark a school’s performance against other peer schools that are educating similar students, against statewide outcomes, and against state targets to illuminate and build upon a school’s strengths and identify areas for improvement." Mandated by the Every Student Succeed Act (ESSA) signed by President Obama on December 15, 2015.
- 2010-11 Newark Schools Report CardNarrative profile plus data (class size, internet connectivity, grade enrollment, language diversity, student performance indicators, faculty, district financial data, etc.] for each school in the Newark City district.
- 2010 Newark Schools "No Child Left Behind" Report
- Status regarding adequate yearly progress; information on highly qualified teachers; attendance and dropout data; and assessment data for each school in the Newark City district.
- Newark Public Schools 2005 Long Range Facilities Plan: Documents and Report.
- Newark Public Schools 2005-2006 Annual Report
- Newark Public Schools: Five-Year Management Plan.1999
- Includes "data collected from the five School Leadership Teams (SLTs) that examined school space issues within different geographical regions in the district. Each SLT report includes a summary of existing conditions, physical space analyses and deficiencies, facility operations costs, and deficiency and correction budgets for each school on an item-by-item basis."
Subjects: American Studies
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies