Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
U.S. Education Data
- A Half-Century of Learning: Historical Census Statistics on Educational Attainment in the United States, 1940 to 2000
- Nicole S. Stoops. Washington, D.C., U.S. Census Bureau, 2000.
- Digest of Education Statistics
- Compilation of statistical information covering the broad field of
education from prekindergarden through graduate school. Include: the
number of schools and colleges; teachers; enrollments; graduates;
educational attainment; finances; federal funds for education;
employment and income of graduates; etc.
The National Center for Education Statistics annually collects data about all public elementary and secondary schools, all local education agencies (school districts), and all state education agencies. This information then becomes part of the Common Core of Data (CCD) database. NCES uses CCD data to produce reports; they also make the database available to those researching American education.
- School District Demographics
- Census 2000 and more recent American Community Survey demographic data about children and their living
environment, by school district. Also includes school district maps, as
well as population and poverty estimates for school districts.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies