Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Bibliographies are great for finding out what has been written/is available on a specific topic.
- "Unity and Diversity in Education. "Frances K. Scott. Unity and Diversity in America: Tradition and Change in the 20th Century. U.S. Air Force Academy Libraries Special Bibliography no. 95, pp.12-16.
- Books, articles, and government documents. October 1999.
Just click on subject heading below to find books and other materials on multicultural education in IRIS, our online catalog:
- The Scope of Multicultural Education
- Mary Stone Hanley. 1999.
- "The Evolution of Multicultural Education in the United States: A Journey for Human Rights & Social Justice,"
- Carl A. Grant. Papers from the IAIE -IASCE Conference: Cooperative Learning in Multicultural Societies: Critical Reflections. Turin, Italy, January 2008.
- A Synthesis of Scholarship in Multicultural Education
- Geneva Gay. North Central Regional Educational Laboratory. 1994.
- "Sociocultural Approaches to Learning and Development: A Vygotskian Framework,"
- Vera John-Steiner and Holbrook Mahn. Educational Psychologist 31(3/4), Summer/Fall 1996, 191-206.
- Rutgers-restricted Access.
- African American Education: A Reference Handbook.
- Cynthia L. Jackson. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-CLIO, 2001.
- Focuses on schooling, higher education (specifically the black
colleges), and the legal influence (e.g., executive orders, legislative
acts, Supreme Court rulings) on African American education. Historical
overview, with emphasis on the period since 1954. Includes an annotated
- Dana Call Number: Ref. LC2741 .J33 2001
- Asian American Encyclopedia
- Franklin Ny, editor. New York, Marshall Cavendish, 1995. 6 vols.
- Signed entries on topics dealing with various Asian groups in the U.S.
Especially strong on cultural aspects and issues. Bibliographic
references. An outstanding resource.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E184 .O6A827 1995.
- Reference Library of European America.
- Detroit, Gale Research, 1999. 4 vols.
- Vols 1 and 2 consist of essays describing the experiences of European
immigrant groups in America (settlement patterns,
acculturation and assimilation, language, family and community dynamics,
and religion). Vols 3 and 4 describe the homeland countries.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E184.E95398 1999
- Latino Encyclopedia.
- Richard and Rafael Chabran, editors. New York, Marshall Cavendish, 1996. 6 vols.
- More than 1900 entries ranging from several paragraphs to signed
full-length articles with annotated bibliographies relating to the
Latino experience in the United States
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E184 .S75L57 1996.
- c. 1960- . Index to some 130 journals, as well as books, book
chapters, popular magazines, and newspapers relating to
Chicanos/Chicanas and Mexican Americans. From 1992 forward, includes
records for material on the broader Latino experience, including Puerto
Ricans, Cuban Americans, and Central American immigrants.
- Rutgers-restricted Access.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies