Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Rutgers Special Collections & University Archives
Microforms in Alexander Library
Microforms in Alexander Library
Searchable inventory of a substantial portion of the microfilm, microfiche, microprint and microcard collections of manuscripts, pamphlets, government publications, etc. held at Alexander Library, the primary social sciences and humanities research library of the University. It also includes selected holdings for other Rutgers libraries.
Collections of New York Materials
- New York City Department of Records and Information Services
- Includes the Municipal Archives--which includes office records,
manuscript materials, still and moveing images, ledger volumes, vital
records, maps, blueprings, and sound recordings accessioned from more
than 100 city agencies; The City Hall Library-the statutory depository
for all official reports and studies published by New York City
government agencies--and the Municipal Records Management Division.
- New York Historical Society
- The library at the New-York Historical Society is one of the oldest independent research libraries in the United States. Collection strengths include the local history of New York City and State. NYHS collections include 2 million manuscripts, 500,000 photographs, 400,000 prints, 350,000 books and pamphlets, 150,000 architectural drawings, 20,000 broadsides, 15,000 printed maps, 10,000 newspapers and 10,000 dining menus.
- Items located at NYHS can be found by search Bobcat, the catalog of the NYU libraries.
- Finding Aids for NYHS Manuscript Collections are also available; portions of some important collections are also available digitally.
- New York Public Library Digital Gallery: Cities and Buildings
- Includes many collections that focus on New York City, including maps and atlases, photographs, architectural plans, postcards, etc.
- NYC Images: Byron Company Collection Online
- The Byron Company Collection at the Museum of the City of New York includes over 22,000 photographs of New York City and its environs taken by the Byron Company between 1890 and 1942.
- Harlem History
- Digital documents, images, oral histories, and interviews relating
to the history of Harlem. From the Institute for Research in
African-American Studies at Columbia University.
- New York City Mayors
- Finding aids to the personal papers and official documents (on microfilm) of Mayors
Fiorello H. LaGuardia, Robert F. Wagner, Abraham D. Beame, and Edward I. Koch.
- New York City Housing Authority Collection
- Repository at the LaGuardia and Wagner Archives of LaGuardia
Community College/CUNY (Long Island City, Queens). Late 1920s to the
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies