Skip to main content
To find books on relations of the United States with other countries or regions, check the Library Catalog,
using SUBJECT begins with
United States Foreign Relations [Country/Region Name]
For example: united states foreign relations afghanistan
Chronological History of U.S. Foreign Relations. Lester H. Brune. 2d edition. New York : Routledge, 2003. 3 vols.
Chronology of events relevant to U.S. relations with other nations as
well as events in other countries that influenced American decisions.
v. 1.1607-1932 -- v. 2. 1933-1988 -- v. 3. 1989-2000.
Vol. 3 includes an analytical index. For example
Dana Call Number: Ref. E183.7.B745 2003
Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy: Studies of the Principal Movements and Ideas
- Editors, Alexander DeConde et. al. 2d edition. New York, Scribner, 2002. 3 vols.
121 in-depth scholarly essays on the concepts, themes, movements, and
distinctive policies found in the history of American foreign
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E183.7.E52 2002
Off-Campus Access Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of U.S. Foreign Relations
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1997. 4 vols.
1,024 scholarly entries relating to the political, economic, military,
and cultural interactions of the U.S. government and the American
people with other nations and peoples.
Most entries include bibliography.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E183.7.E53 1997
- American Foreign Relations Since 1600: A Guide to the Literature
- Robert L. Beisner, editor. 2nd edition. Santa Barbara, CA., ABC-CLIO, 2003. 2 vols.
The basic resource for identifying materials (primary documents, books,
essays, articles, dissertations, reference sources) on American foreign
relations. Based on Burns (below) but without the lengthy
historiographic essays and maps. Chronological arrangement with each
chapter preceded by a detailed table of contents. Annotated entries.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E183.7 .A44 2003
- Guide to American Foreign Relations Since 1700
- Richard Dean Burns. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-Clio, 1983.
The classic bibliographic guide to American foreign relations. Arranged
by historical period; annotated entries, extensive historiographic
essays, maps, and biographies of key figures.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E183.7 .G83 1983
- U.S. Foreign Policy Under President Bush
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.6/2003.
- Iraq Three Years On
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.2/2006.
- Afghanistan Five Years On: An Assessment
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.2/2007.
- US Middle East Policy After 9/11
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.6/2008.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies