Skip to main content
Gunnar Almgren. Encyclopedia of Social Work. 20th edition. New York, National Association of Social Workers, 2008.
"This entry provides a brief overview of the field of social demography...Social welfare policy is closely linked to the determinants of population change (fertility, mortality, migration and social mobility), both as a cause and as a consequence."
Off-Campus Access Rutgers-restricted Access
- The New Jersey Municipal Data Book. Montclair, N.J., New Jersey Associates, 1981- Annual
- One page summaries [sample] of the population, government, finances, schools, and other characterisitics of each of New Jersey's towns and cities. Available?
- Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2012
- The basic annual U.S. statistical compilation. Earlier editions (starting with 1878) are also available online. 2012 is the last edition published by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Beginning with the 2013 edition, the Statistical Abstract is being published (in print and online) by a commercial publisher. Available?
- American FactFinder
- Select query elements to create maps and view data tables based on the 2010 Census, Census 2000, the 1990 Census, the American Community Survey, and the Economic Census.
- Current Population Reports: Consumer Income, P-60
- From the U.S. Census Bureau. Includes reports on money income, poverty levels, health insurance coverage, and child support. Full-text beginning with no. 187 (1995); earlier and paper copies may be found in Dana's Government Documents/Census section.
- Current Population Reports: Household Economic Studies, P-70
- From the U.S. Census Bureau. Reports on the economic status of households and its relationship to social characteristics and to benefits received. Based on the monthly Survey of Income and Program Participation. Full-text beginning with no. 43 (1995); earlier and paper copies may be found in Dana's Government Documents/Census section.
- Historical Census Browser
- Generate selected characteristics of the population down to the state and county level from 1790 to 1960.
- Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics Database
- Data for city and county statistics from 1985 through the most recent year available. Includes city jurisdictions with populations of 10,000 or more and county agencies of 25,000 or more. Includes statistics for violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) and property crime (burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft).
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies