Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Social Work Speaks
- Social Work Speaks: National Association of Social Workers Policy Statements: 2015-2017.
- 10th edition. Washington, D.C., 2015.
- Statements designed to guide policy advocacy and legal action. Each statement includes background information, a statement of issues, the policy statement, its legislative history, and a list of references. Available?
- NASW Advocacy.
- National Association of Social Workers key current legislative issues and positions.
- CQ Researcher
- Extensive collection of weekly reports from Congressional Quarterly. Each report offers data, a variety of opinion, and a bibliography on a specific 'hot' issue. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- CQ Almanac Online
- Narrative accounts of every major piece of legislation that the U.S. Congress considered during a congressional session between 1945 and 2014. Policy Tracker feature allows you to explore a specific policy topic (e.g., "Abortion and Family Planning;" "Bilingual Education and ESL;" "Homelessness;" etc.,) over time. Rutgers-restricted Access
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) serves as shared staff to congressional committees and Members of Congress. CRS analyzes and reports on current and proposed policies. Until very recently (9/2018) CRS itself did not make its reports available even when they were not classified. So we have had to rely on other groups for access.
- CRS Reports
- The official site, but not yet as comprehensive as other sites.
- Includes every CRS report that’s currently available on Congress’s internal website. A project of Demand Progress in collaboration with the Congressional Data Coalition — a bipartisan coalition founded by Demand Progress and the R Street Institute to promote open legislative information.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies