Skip to main content
Individual Company Histories
- International Directory of Company Histories
- Chicago, St. James Press, 1988- .
- 3-5 page histories of thousands of companies worldwide in over a hundred volumes. Volumes 1-6 organized alphabetically by major industry; volume 7 and subsequent volumes arranged alphabetically by company name within each volume. Cumulative Index | Sample Entry
- ALEXANDER REF HD2721.I63 1988 (vols. 1-6); CAMDEN REF HD2721.I63 1988 (vols. 1-52); DANA REF HD2721.I63 1988 (vols. 1- ); CARR REF HD2721.I63 1988 (vols. 1-66)
- A substantial number of entries from the International Directory of Company Histories have been made available via Company Histories and Company Histories: Part 2 (Reference for Business)
- To find books and other materials on the history of a specific corporation, search the Library Catalog using SUBJECT begins with the name of the company. For example
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY HISTORY
- United States Corporation Histories: A Bibliography, 1965-1990
- Wahib Nasrallah. 2d edition. New York, Garland Pub., 1991.
- Lists corporate histories that have been published in books, articles, theses, pamphlets, and newspaper articles as well as corporate publications. Coverage limited to companies whose histories extend to 1965 or later. Index to companies by industry.
- DANA REF HD2785.N37 1991
- U.S. and Canadian Businesses, 1955 to 1987: A Bibliography
- Priscilla C. Geahigan. Metuchen, N.J., Scarecrow Press, 1988.
- Entries organized under 2-digit SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) codes and then alphabetically by the name of the company or individual. Includes a company name and a personal name index.
- ALEXANDER Z7164 .C81G32 1988; CAMDEN, DANA REF HD2785 .G42 1988
- Studies in Enterprise: A Selected Bibliography of American and Canadian Company Histories and Biographies of Businessmen
- Lorna M. Daniells. Boston, Baker Library, 1957.
- Daniells' pioneering bibliography of books and pamphlets about companies and individuals. Entries arranged by SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) codes and then by company or personal name. Includes a separate listing for Canadian companies.
- ALEXANDER Z7164 .C81H26 1957
- IBM Archives: History of IBM
- Decade by decade survey.
- History of the Prudential Insurance Company of America 1875-1900.
- Frederick L. Hoffman. Prudential Press, 1900.
- "This work has been prepared at the request of the United States Commissioner to the Paris Exposition of 1900, as part of an exhibit of charts, diagrams and statistics illustrating fully the methods and results of Industrial insurance in the United States..."