Skip to main content
Check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Indexes to Historical Resources
Index to History Articles
- America: History and Life
- 1964- .
The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Index to Nineteenth Century Periodicals
- American Periodicals Series Online 1740-1900
- The full text of articles, advertisements, illustrations etc., from American popular and literary magazines and journals that began publication between 1741 and 1900. Search by author, title, article type, publication title, date, and keywords in the full-text. A wonderful resource! Rutgers-restricted Access
- New York Times
- Allows you to search and display the full image of articles published in the New York Times back to 1851. The two+ most recent years are not included; use Access World News. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Wall Street Journal 1889-1995.
- Allows you to search and display the full image of articles published in the Wall Street Journal back to 1889. Use Factiva to find more recent articles. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Washington Post. 1877-1993.
- Allows you to search and display the full image of articles published in the Washington Post back to 1877. Use Westlaw Campus Research to find more recent articles. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Indexes to Business Articles & News
- Business Source Premier
- Index to thousands of scholarly and professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines. A large percentage of the articles are available full-text. Profiles of the world's largest 10,000 companies also available. Most publications indexed back to 1980s or 1990s; individual titles may begin coverage much earlier. Harvard Business Review available in full-text beginning with 10/01/1922. Rutgers-restricted Access
- A vast archive of the world's most important publications, reports and news, focusing on business. Full text of the Wall Street Journal available 1984- . Major sections include News Page, Companies/Markets, and Search, which leads to the full-text of 8,000 leading business newspapers, magazines, trade journals, newsletters, and television and radio transcripts. Rutgers-restricted Access
The Business Periodicals Index as well as its predecessor, the Industrial Arts Index, are available in print:
- Business Periodicals Index:
- ALEXANDER: 1958-1993/94: REF. AI3 .B8
- CAMDEN: 1958-1982/83: REF. Z7164 .C81B983 [Located in Reference Index Area]
- DANA: 1958-2002: REF. Z7164 .C81B983
- CARR: 1958-1994/95: REF. Z7164 .C81B983
- SMLR: 1958-2000: INDEX TABLE
- Industrial Arts Index:
- ANNEX: 1913-1957 [WITH GAPS]: AI3 .I7
- CAMDEN: 1928/29-1957: Z7913 .I7 [Located in Reference Index Area]
- DANA: 1922-1957: Z7913 .I7
Some 16 volumes of the Industrial Arts Index published between 1915 and 1957 are also available online as part of the Universal Library on the Internet Archive.