Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- A Historical Dictionary of American Industrial Language
- William H. Mulligan, Jr., editor. New York, Greenwood Press, 1988.
- Definitions of terms relating to the tools, workplaces, processes, and job descriptions of the preindustrial and industrializing eras in the United States up to the first World War. Alphabetical arrangement; appendix lists terms by industry.
- ALEXANDER, DANA REF. HC102 .H57 1988
- Encyclopedia of American Business History and Biography
- New York, Facts on File, 1988-1994
9-volume series on major segments of American industry:
- The Airline Industry. Edited by William M. Leary. 1992.
CAMDEN TL509 .E54 1992; CARR REF TL509 .E54 1992
- The Automotive Industry, 1896-1920. Edited by George S. May. 1990.
CAMDEN HD9710 .U52A87 1990; DANA, CARR REF HD9710 .U52A87 1990
- Banking and Finance to 1913. Edited by Larry E. Schweikart. 1990.
CARR REF HG2461 .B33 1990
- Banking and Finance, 1913-1989. Edited by Larry Schweikart. 1990.
CAMDEN HG2481 .B325 1990; CARR REF HG2481. B325 1990 [plus STACKS]
- Iron and Steel in the Nineteenth Century. Edited by Paul F. Paskoff. 1989.
CARR REF HD9515 .I76 1989
- Iron and Steel in the Twentieth Century. Edited by Bruce E. Seely. 1994.
DANA REF HD9515 .I77 1994; CARR HD9515 .I77 1994
- Railroads in the Nineteenth Century. Edited by Robert L. Frey. 1988
CAMDEN HE2751 .R1433 1988; DANA, CARR REF HE2751 .R1433 1933
- Railroads in the Age of Regulation: 1900-1980. Edited by Keith L. Bryant, Jr. 1988.
ALEXANDER HE2751 .R143 1988; CAMDEN REF HE2751 .R143 1988 [plus STACKS]
- Standard and Poor's Industry Surveys
- New York, Standard & Poor's Corp, 1973-
- Quarterly reports on over 50 major domestic industries. Includes sections on Current Environment, an Industry Profile, Trends, How the Industry Operates, Key Business Ratios, and Comparative Company Analysis. List of Industries Covered
- CAMDEN PER (1973- ); DANA BUSREF HC106.6 .S74 (1975- ); CARR REF HC106.6 .S74 (1991- )
- Value Line Investment Survey
- Frequently updated reports on 1700 publicly-traded companies arranged by industry. Each industry section preceded by a one-page analysis of that industry. Currently covers over 100 industries.
- DANA: 1969-1979: REF MICROFILM; 1980-LAST YEAR: REF MICROFICHE; CURRENT YEAR: REF DESK 502B
- CARR: 1988-LAST YEAR: MICROFICHE SHELVED BY TITLE; CURRENT YEAR: REF DESK HG4501 .V26
- International Directory of Company Histories
- Chicago, St. James Press, 1988- . 83 volumes
3-5 page histories of companies worldwide. Volumes 1-6 organized alphabetically by major industry.
- ALEXANDER, CAMDEN, DANA, CARR REF HD2721.I63 1988
- To find books and other materials on the history of a specific industry, search the Library Catalog using SUBJECT begins with the name of the industry. For example
- BANKS AND BANKING UNITED STATES HISTORY
- RAILROADS UNITED STATES HISTORY
- DEPARTMENT STORES UNITED STATES HISTORY