Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- International Bibliography of Business History
- Francis Goodall, Terry Gourvish, and Steven Tolliday, eds. New York, Routledge, 1997.
- Over 3000 entries with critical annotations to works relating to business and economic history. Primarily lists monographs, but also includes articles and theses. Entries divided arranged into broad sector categories and then subdivided geographically and by industry. Emphasis on the U.S., the U.K., and Japan. Includes a separate index to companies.
- ALEXANDER REF. Z7164 .C81G595 1997
- Corporate America: A Historical Bibliography
- Santa Barbara, Calif., ABS-Clio Information Services, 1984.
- 1,368 abstracts of journal articles on American business history published between 1973 and 1982.
- ALEXANDER Z7164.T87C66 1984; DANA, CARR REF HD2785.C66 1984
- The Basics of Business History: 100 Events That Shaped a Century
- TheStreet.com's "highly unscientific attempt to rate and explain the 100 most important events and ideas that drove American business [in the 20th] century."
- United States Business History, 1602-1988: A Chronology
- Richard Robinson. New York, Greenwood Press, 1990.
- Year by year chronology 1602-1988. For each year lists "General Events" followed by "Business Events."
- ALEXANDER, DANA REF HC103 .R595 1990
- Bulls, Bears, Boom, and Bust: A Historical Encyclopedia of American Business Concepts
- John M. Dobson. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-CLIO, 2007.
- Over 350 entries divided into five chronological periods from Colonial America to the present. Each section has a short introductory essay followed by key concepts (e.g., economic theories, government policies, innovations, marketing strategies, etc.) and biographies.
- ALEXANDER, CAMDEN, DANA REF HF3021 .D59 2007
- Encyclopedia of American Business History
- Charles R. Geisst, editor. New York, Facts on File, 2006. 2 vols.
- 340 signed entries with short bibliographies on business events, people, legislation, and companies from the American Revolution to the present.
- ALEXANDER HF3021 .G44 2006; CAMDEN, DANA REF HF3021 .G44 2006
- Encyclopedia of African American Business History
- Juliet E.K. Walker, editor. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 1999.
- Over 200 signed entries with excellent select bibliographies on the African American business experience from the 1600s to the end of the 20th century. Includes entries on individuals as well as entries on African American participation in selected industries. Also includes a useful 4-page chronology of African American Business History from 1619 to 1999.
- CAMDEN, DANA, CARR REF HD2344.5 .U6E53 1999
- Encyclopedia of American Economic History: Studies of the Principal Movements and Ideas
- Glenn Porter, editor. New York, Scribner, 1980. 3 vols.
- 71 lenghty essays, with annotated bibliographies, on the concepts, trends, themes, and institutions that framed U.S. economic history from the 17th century through the 1970s.
- ALEXANDER, CAMDEN, DANA, DOUGLASS, CARR REF. HC103 .E52