Style Manuals Available in Rutgers Libraries:
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition) in the Reference collections under call number BF76.7P83 2010
MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (6th edition) in the Reference collections under call number LB2369.G53 2009
A decision-making guide for requesting books, book chapters or journal articles from Rutgers.
Ummm, how do I locate/retrieve this book or book chapter?
a. Is the book or chapter in the Rutgers Catalog and available? If the book circulates, Click in the item’s catalog record, complete the form. If not available go to
i. EZ Borrow and request the book be deliver to a Rutgers Library. You will be notified by email when the book arrives. Go pick up the book from Access Services in the Library you selected for delivery.
1. If the book is not available from EZ Borrow, request the book from UBorrow
2. If the book is not available from UBorrow, request the book or chapter from InterLibrary Loan to be delivered to a Rutgers Library. You will be notified by email when the book arrives. Go pick up the book from Access Services in the Library you selected for delivery
Noooo, I need a journal article
1. Did you search a journal index and want to retrieve a full text article?
a. If there is a .pdf or symbol, click on it.
i. If it isn’t available full text as above, click on and look for Fill out the ILL form and request the article. An email will be sent to you directing you back to your Account page to retrieve the article electronically.
But, but, what if I requested a dissertation?
1. Use ILL and request as a book.
But, but what if I requested conference proceedings?
1. Use ILL and request as a book, unless you only want some pages from the proceedings, then request as a book chapter.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to direct suggestions, comments, or complaints concerning any accessibility issues with Rutgers web sites to: email@example.com or complete the Report Accessibility Barrier / Provide Feedback Form.