Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Chronological History of U.S. Foreign Relations
- Lester H. Brune. 2d edition. New York : Routledge, 2003. 3 vols.Chronology
of events relevant to U.S. relations with other nations as well as
events in other countries that influenced American decisions. v. 1.
1607-1932 -- v. 2. 1933-1988 -- v. 3. 1989-2000. Vol. 3 includes an
analytical index. For example
- Dana Call Number: REF E183.7 .B745 2003
- Open CRS
- Open CRS provides access to Congressional Research Service Reports already in the public domain.
Basic Research Resources
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy: Studies of the Principal Movements and Ideas
- Editors, Alexander DeConde et. al. 2d edition. New York, Scribner, 2002. 3 vols.
121 in-depth scholarly essays on the concepts, themes, movements, and distinctive policies found in the history of American foreign relations. List of Articles
- Dana Call Number: REF E183.7 .E52 2002
- Off-Campus Access Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of U.S. Foreign Relations
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1997. 4 vols.
1,024 scholarly entries relating to the political, economic, military, and cultural interactions of the U.S. government and the American people with other nations and peoples. Most entries include bibliography.
- Dana Call Number: REF E183.7 .E53 1997
- American Foreign Relations Since 1600: A Guide to the Literature
- Robert L. Beisner, editor. 2nd edition. Santa Barbara, CA., ABC-CLIO, 2003. 2 vols.
The basic resource for identifying materials (primary documents, books, essays, articles, dissertations, reference sources) on American foreign relations. Based on Burns (below) but without the lengthy historiographic essays and maps. Chronological arrangement with each chapter preceded by a detailed table of contents. Annotated entries. For example
- Dana Call Number: REF E183.7 .A44 2003
- Guide to American Foreign Relations Since 1700
- Richard Dean Burns. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-Clio, 1983.
The classic bibliographic guide to American foreign relations. Arranged by historical period; annotated entries, extensive historiographic essays, maps, and biographies of key figures.
- Dana Call Number: REF E183.7 .G83 1983
- US Middle East Policy After 9/11
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.6/2008.
- Afghanistan Five Years On: An Assessment
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.2/2007.
- Iraq Three Years On
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.2/2006.
- U.S. Foreign Policy Under President Bush
- NATO Library Thematic Bibliographies No.6/2003.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies