Skip to main content
Statistical and Mathematical Software
Some links to software and code likely to be useful in economics research.
Topical Web Guides
The following sites are reasonably comprehensive collections of information on particular topics in economics.
- AgNIC - Agricultural Network Information Center
- AmosWEB numerous collections of economic information, including statistics, glossary, and instructional materials
- Biodiversity Economics
- Coin Flipping (White)
- Comparative chronology of money based on the book A History of Money by Glyn Davies
- Consultative Group to Assist the Poorest (CGAP) includes searchable index to publications in microfinance
- EcEd Resources for Economic Education. Includes links to educational software, sites, web courses, and data.
- Economic GLOSS*arama glossary of economics terminology from AmosWEB
- Economic History Services (EH.net) links to resources and discussion groups on economic history
- Economics of Networks (Economides, New York University)
- Econterms online economics dictionary, focusing on terminology of academic research
- Encyclopedia of Law and Economics Online encyclopedia, includes bibliographies and literature reviews.
- Euro (Corsetti) collected info on the Euro and European Monetary Union
- Financial Crisis Timeline (St. Louis Fed)
- Game Theory and Experimental Economics (Roth) Selected texts and links to others working in the field.
- Global Macroeconomic and Financial Policy (Roubini) Links to selected texts.
- Hayek Scholars Page collected info on Friedrich Hayek
- Hot Topics in International Economics (Institute for International Economics)
- Information Economy (Varian) The Economics of the Internet, Information Goods, Intellectual Property and Related Issues.
- International Affairs Resources (WWW Virtual Library) collection of links.
- International Trade Resources and Trade Data (Haveman)
- JokEc: Jokes about Economics and Economists
- Labour Economics Gateway
- Law and Economics (FindLaw)
- Marxists Internet Archive primary texts of Marxism (Marx, Engels, Lenin, Trotsky, Luxemburg)
- Resources for Economists on the Internet: RFE (Goffe) American Economic Association-sponsored links to resources
- Quantitative Macroeconomics and Real Business Cycles (Zimmerman)
- Social Choice Bibliography (Syracuse University)
- South Asia Resources (Gang)
- Statistics (WWW Virtual Library) links to statistics resources around the world
- Statistics on the Web Annotated links to statistics, the mathematical subject (not data).
- Virtual Library on Microcredit
- WebEc: WWW Resources in Economics (Saarinen) links to economics resources on the Web - not updated after 2007