Skip to main content
Money, Weights & Measures
- Civilization of the Ancient Mediterranean: Greece and Rome
- Edited by Michael Grant and Rachel Kitzinger. New York, 1988. 3 volumes.
- 97 signed essays on topics relating to Greece and Rome from prehistory to the fall of Rome. Arranged by broad catagories , e.g., government, technology, economics, religion, social and family life, the arts, etc. Extensive bibliographies. A little dated, but still a good place to find background materials as well as references for your topic. Available?
- Trade, Transport, and Society in the Ancient World: A Sourcebook
- Fik Meijer and Onno van Nijf. . New York, 1992.
- Translated excerpts from Greek and Roman literary works, inscriptions, and papyri concerning trade and transport. Arranged thematically with each section preceeded by an introduction. Available?
- Cambridge Economic History of the Greco-Roman World
- Walter Scheidel, Ian Morris, and Richard P. Saller. New York, 2007.
- Landmark economic history of the ancient world. Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Ancient Economy.
- Moses I. Finley. Berkeley, University of California Press, 1985. 2nd edition. Available?
- The Making of the Ancient Greek Economy: Institutions, Markets, and Growth in the City-States
- Alain Besson and Steven Rendall. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2019. Available?
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies