Skip to main content
International Historical Statistics: Africa, Asia & Oceania, 1750-1993. 3rd edition. New York, Stockton Press, 1998. Available?
- New Encyclopedia of Africa
- John Middleton and Joseph C. Miller, editors. 2nd edition. Detroit, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2008. 5 volumes.
- "Addresses the entire history of African cultures from the pharaohs and the ancient civilizations of the south through the colonial era to the emergence of 53 independent countries, some of them newly emergent in world commerce and others deep in conflict. Covers issues facing the continent such as global development, the AIDS crisis, and international terrorism." Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Cambridge History of Africa
- J.D. Fage and Roland Oliver, eds. New York, Cambridge University Press, 1975-1986. 8 volumes
- Each volume consists of articles by (primarily Western) scholars accompanied by extensive bibliographies. Available?
- General History of Africa
- UNESCO International Scientific Committee for the Drafting of a General History of Africa. Berkeley, University of California Press, 1981-1993. 8 volumes.
- Each volume consists of articles by (primarily non-Western) scholars accompanied by extensive bibliographies. Available?
- The Cambridge History of South Africa
- Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2010-2011.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies