- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. Includes the two primary political science/public policy databases, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts and Public Affairs Information Services (PAIS), as well as Proquest Criminal Justice and Proquest Political Science. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Sociological Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in
sociology and related disciplines, including economic development,
policy, planning, urban sociology, and welfare services. Also indexes
books reviews, books, and book chapters, dissertations and conference
- Comprehensive bibliographic index for economic literature. Indexes journal, books, dissertations, working papers, and volumes of articles.
- Fed in Print: An Index to Federal Reserve Economic Research
- Index to articles, reports, papers, and monographs produced by the Federal Reserve research departments. Links to full text where available. Mid-1960s- .
- The largest free Economics bibliographic database. Links to over 1,700,000 items, including almost 600,000 working papers.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts
- Comprehensive index to journals, books, government publications, dissertations, and reports relating to criminal justice, criminology, and related disciplines from 1968 to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Index to literature on health services and administration, including health insurance, health policy, health economics and financial management, and laws and regulations. Rutgers-restricted Access
Interested in education issues and policies?
- ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center
- 1966- The premier resource for educational research, the ERIC database contains more than one million abstracts covering research documents, journal articles, technical reports, program descriptions and evaluations, and curricular materials in the field of education. Rutgers-restricted Access
- ProQuest Education Journals
- Index to more than 900 scholarly journals in the field of Education, along with trade journals and magazines. Approximately 600 titles are available full-text. Rutgers-restricted Access
Interested in transportation issues and policies?
- TLCat: The Transportation Libraries Catalog
Search multiple transportation library catalogs simultaneously via OCLC's FirstSearch. Records for books, journal articles, serials, and internet sites; includes holdings information.
From the National Transportation Library.
- Transportation Article File from Northwestern University's Transportation Library. Index to articles, conference papers, and other materials on transportation and law enforcement topics. 1976- .
Can't resist the urge to Google?
Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature including books, peer-reviewed articles, theses, preprints, and technical reports.