Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GAO: Priority Recommendations
- CQ Almanac Online
- Narrative accounts of every major piece of legislation that the U.S. Congress considered during a congressional session between 1945 and 2020. Policy Tracker feature allows you to explore a specific policy topic (e.g., "Abortion and Family Planning;" "Bilingual Education and ESL;" "Homelessness;" etc.,) over time. Rutgers-restricted Access
Here are a couple of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases to find databases that may focus more closely on your policy area. For example, if you are interested in education policy, you might want to search ERIC, the largest education database in the world.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. [Included in ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection above] Rutgers-restricted Access
- CQ Researcher
- Extensive collection of weekly reports from Congressional Quarterly. Each report offers data, a variety of opinion, and a bibliography on a specific 'hot' issue. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Public Agenda Online
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit public opinion research and citizen education organization, Public Agenda offers background information, in-depth analyses and opinion studies on a variety of public policy issues.
Subjects: American Studies
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies