Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Video at Rutgers Libraries
Online (streaming) video at Rutgers Libraries is primarily documentaries in a variety of subject areas. All titles, from AVON:Academic Video Online database, as well as those leased by Kanopy and Swank are accessed through the Library Catalog.
These are the video titles we offer that do NOT have individual records in the catalog:
TV-NewsSearch: The Database of the Vanderbilt Television News Archive
Indexing to more than 30,000 individual network evening news broadcasts from ABC, CBS, and NBC (August 1968 - present), and CNN daily news (1995 - present). Many NBC and CNN news broadcasts are also available via streaming video. A free RealOne media player is required to view online content.
Visual History Archive
52,000 oral history testimonies from Holocaust survivors and witnesses in 56 countries and in 32 languages.
Finding Streaming Video
To find streaming video:
- Visit the Library Catalog
- Enter your terms and select the appropriate search type (keyword, title, author, subject, etc.)
- Click Find
- Select "Videos from the "Resource type" list of filters on the left
- Click the title of a result for more details
- Click the "View Online" link to view the video (login required for off-campus access)
Other Sites for Online Video