About this guide
Welcome, Rutgers-Merck Summer Bioethics Institute students!
This guide is designed to help you gather the information you need to prepare your group presentations for Saturday's gala banquet. It summarizes much of what we've talked about in class. There are also some tips that might help with the preparation of your presentations.
Best wishes for your success!
Just a reminder -- if you'll be attending a college nearby, please feel free to visit Dana Library to use the indexes and databases as well as the electronic journals. Depending on where you live and where you're enrolled as a student, you may also be able to borrow books from Dana's collection.
Students attending the July 7, 2014 library research session will be able to:
- properly evaluate Web sites and other information sources
Students attending the July 8, 2014 library research session will be able to:
- perform searches via Google Advanced Search
- distinguish when to use Google Advanced Search and when to use library databases to find information
- efficiently find articles about their topic using the Academic Search Premier (subscription) database
Students attending the July 9, 2014 library research session will be able to:
- recognize plagiarism and incorporate strategies to avoid it
- give credit to information sources by citing in MLA (Modern Language Association) style
Students attending the July 10, 2014 library research session will be able to:
- create PowerPoint presentations
- give an effective oral presentation
Life Sciences Librarian
Physical Sciences Librarian