About this guide
Welcome, Rutgers-Merck Summer Bioethics Institute students!
This guide is designed to help you gather the information you need to prepare your group presentations for Saturday's gala banquet. It summarizes much of what we've talked about in class. There are also some websites that might help with the preparation of your presentations.
Best wishes for your success!
Just a reminder -- if you'll be attending a college nearby, please feel free to visit Dana Library to use the indexes and databases as well as the electronic journals. Depending on where you live and where you're enrolled as a student, you may also have borrowing privileges.
Students attending the July 8, 2013 library research session will learn how to:
- evaluate Web sites and other information sources
- find books about their topic using the Rutgers Libraries Catalog
Students attending the July 9, 2013 library research session will learn how to:
- construct a proper citation using MLA style
- find articles about their topic using the Academic Search Premier (subscription) database
Students attending the July 10, 2013 library research session will learn how to:
- find articles about their topic using the Applied Science & Technology Full Text (subscription) database
- perform advanced searches using Google (e.g., by domain)
Life Sciences Librarian
Physical Sciences Librarian