Table of Contents
The Data Services guide describes services available to assist users in finding and using data.
Contents to date include:
- Data Computing Resources discusses library and other computing resources useful for data analysis
- Secure Data Facility is a space for accessing restricted data
- Unique Data Resources describes special locally held datasets that are otherwise hard to find
- Decennial Census Data is a guide to the US Census of Population and Housing through the years
- National Data Archives helps you find data archives around the world
See Data by Subject for suggested resources categorized by academic discipline.
See Data Management for advice on handling your research data.
See the Rutgersdata blog for ongoing announcements of newly available datasets and other news.
Suggest A Link
What is Data Services?
Data Services helps you find and access data, primarily numeric. Data Services makes selected software available, purchases data sets, hold occasional workshops on data topics, and helps users with databases and data archives that Rutgers has subscriptions and membership to, such as ICPSR.
Data Services is not a statistical consulting service and can neither perform analysis for you, nor advise on correct analysis techniques. But Data Services will get you to the data!
Rutgers University Libraries Data Services Workshop Series (New Brunswick)
Ryan Womack, Data Librarian, is on sabbatical in Spring 2014, and in-person workshops will not be held in New Brunswick. Please consult the handouts and screencast versions of the workshops available on the individual Software pages.
Workshops in Newark
Dana Library on Newark Capus is offering a series of workshops for graduate students, included those on statistical software packages: SPSS, Stata, and R, during Spring 2014. Please go to the link below to register for attending:
Please comment on the pages in this guide so that we can improve them!