About this Guide
This guide will lead you to many of the Rutgers-restricted databases (as well as Web resources) which are useful for business research on companies, industries, and products.
Other print and electronic resources for business-related topics may be found by simply returning to the Rutgers University Libraries Business Research Guide. Other Rutgers-restricted databases may be found on the Indexes and Databases page.
You can also download a Quick Guide to the Business Databases.
Library Assignments 1 and 2 are based on the resources described in this guide. Due dates vary depending on your section:
- Monday, Q2: 4pm March 25, 2013
- Wednesday, Q1: 4pm March 13, 2013
- Wednesday or Friday, Q3: 5pm Feb 22, 2013.
Course Mission & Goals
The library sessions for Business Forum are designed to introduce Rutgers undergraduate business majors to the wealth of company, product, and industry information available to them through the Rutgers University Libraries. During these sessions, business librarians demonstrate basic resources and also model productive information-seeking behaviors appropriate to future business people. Business Forum may be the only formal introduction to secondary research in business that our students receive.
At the end of these sessions, business students will be able to:
1. Locate business resources available to them through the Rutgers University Libraries;
2. Obtain information about companies and other organizations;
3. Obtain information about products and industries;
4. Demonstrate a logical path for approaching the Business Forum assignments.
Roberta L. Tipton
Public Administration Librarian
Information Literacy Coordinator
The John Cotton Dana Library
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
(973) 353-5257 F