The Writing Center
The RBHS Writing Center provides writing tutoring to RBHS undergraduate and graduate students. Professional tutors will offer support in critical reading, research, and writing skills. Both in-person and virtual sessions are available by appointment.
Tutoring will be available during the following hours:
Mondays: 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Thursdays: 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Fridays: 4:00pm - 6:30pm
To make an appointment, students may:
1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Call us at 973-972-0661
3. Come to the George F Smith Library during tutoring hours
The RBHS Writing Center is located in the E-Classroom of the George F. Smith Library (the first classroom on the right).
We will respond to all phone messages and emails during regularly scheduled hours.
When to Cite
You need to cite when:
- using a direct quotation, even if it is in quotation marks
- using facts that are not common knowledge (what the reader can reasonably be expected to know)
- paraphrasing or rewriting the author’s ideas
- summarizing the data or argument of an author
- using the key words or phrases from the author or using synonyms
- mentioning the author’s name in your text
- writing a sentence that mostly consists of your own thoughts, but you have made a reference to another author’s ideas
When in doubt, err on the side of caution, and cite.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
George F. Smith Library of the Health Sciences
Information & Education Department